A non-profit Society established 1998
The Coast Cultural Alliance is a network of arts, cultural and heritage groups and individuals working to enhance the economic vitality of the Sunshine Coast through cultural sector development and cultural tourism.
To encourage and participate in the development of employment and business opportunities for the arts, cultural and heritage sectors on the Sunshine Coast.
In order to maintain the apolitical, nonpartisan and respectful intent of alliance, the Coast Cultural Alliance will be governed by a set of guidelines defined as the Basis for Unity.
Basis For Unity
Cultural services are an essential component in our community’s standard of living and economic well-being. The Coast Cultural Alliance will facilitate and encourage community Arts and Culture involvement and economic development by providing and coordinating cultural opportunities. We seek to encourage and support individuals and organizations to develop their full potential in their chosen endeavours. The Coast Cultural Alliance will represent all segments of our community equally, and without bias.
- We seek to support existing services on the Sunshine Coast, and to assist new endeavours.
- We provide nonjudgmental support for all the arts and culture on the Sunshine Coast.
- We do not get politically involved or take sides in any issues. As an organization we are apolitical and non-partisan.
- We do not necessarily represent the values or politics of either our sponsors, members or clients.
- We do reserve the right to warn that a work may be offensive to some and the right not to support work that is in contravention of the Canadian Criminal Code.
- We also believe that each person involved with the CCA as a member, volunteer, staff or board member:
- can make a unique contribution to the CCA and will be given the opportunity to do so
- must respect the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the CCA;
- will endeavour to work cooperatively with each other in furtherance of the CCA’s goal of a successful arts economy and strong and healthy arts and culture community
- We will practice cooperative problem-solving, respect for individual differences and mutual support in the day-to-day activities of the CCA
- We understand that as the CCA grows, this Basis For Unity may also grow and change but its importance to the alliance will always remain vital.