2020 Self-GUIDEd Arts Tour of Galleries, Private Studios & Shops
Join as Artist or Gallery
Purple Banners wave from the sides of the road as part of a self-guided arts tour. The Map Guide is a chance for the public to discover galleries, private studios and shops that offer original creations from local artists throughout the year.
The Purple Banner Studio & Gallery Guide printed brochure goes on the shelves annually in May. We print and broadly distribute 20,000 copies which are racked on BC Ferries and the downtown Tourism Vancouver Visitors Centre and many other locations on and off coast.
Criteria to be in the Purple Banner Guide Regular Listings ($120)
We want to meet our visitors’ expectations by setting a policy requiring that 70% of the product within the studio or gallery be created by local artists or artisans. A call ahead symbol on the listing is available for those not open regular hours.
‘Art on the Side’ Listing ($120)
This is a separate category, not in the regular listings, for retail outlets supporting the arts. E.g. a gallery in a local restaurant, gift/décor outlets, art supply store etc. (Image, text and price same as regular listing and listed on a separate panel next to the map.)
Regular and Art on the Side Listing details:
- Text for the printed brochure must be ONLY 250 CHARACTERS. This includes: name, description, address, phone, web address AND spaces.
- Images for the printed guide must be 1” wide x .78” high at 300 dpi as .jpg or pdf
Festival Event Display ads—space is limited ($190)
Display ads for Annual Festivals on the Sunshine Coast
Size: 3.5″ wide x 0.964” high at 300 dpi as .jpg or pdf
Other Advertising Available in Brochure
For extra exposure, we offer limited ‘display advertising’ spots:
Full panel: $1,400 | ½ panel: $725 | ¼ panel: $360 | 3.5” x .964: $190 (this is the same size as the festival display ads)
Please contact us by email for more information.
Purple Banner Flags and poles (optional)
For Purple Banner participants only.
- $55 for flag and hardware
- $45 for flag only
Deadline for 2020-2021 Purple Banner Studio & Gallery Guide is March 15, 2020
If you were in the 2019-2020 Purple Banner Guide
New to the Purple Banner Guide and currently a member?
Once you have registered and paid you can upload up to 10 images directly to your profile page on the website.
CCA MEMBER BENEFITS:
- Year-round inclusion on the CCA website member’s gallery with a profile, 10 images, contact information, link to your website and email link
- Inclusion of events in the CCA weekly newsletter: Featured Artists, work referrals, current grants information, event and show updates. This newsletter is also sent to info centres, the B&B community, and media outlets to inform locals and visitors about CCA member activities.
- Free event/workshop/gallery listing(s) in the monthly CCA Arts and Culture Calendar with opportunity for front cover image.
- Opportunity to participate in the Purple Banner and Sunshine Coast Art Crawl