2021 Art Crawl of Artists’ Studios and Galleries
Join as Artist or Gallery
The 2020 Sunshine Coast Art Crawl showcased artists from Earls Cove to Langdale in a creative way to interact with crawlers in a variety of formats which proved to be very successful during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
This year’s Sunshine Coast Art Crawl will be held October 22, 23, 24, 2021. With the move to Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan and expected Step 4 of the Plan on September 7th. We are celebrating with cautious optimism to prepare for open, drop in studios. Click HERE for the complete details of BC’s Restart Plan.
2021 Applications are OPEN
$135.00. Must be paid by July 15, 2021. After July 15th a late fee of $20 will be charged).
Applications will close according to space available.
All participating artists must be a member of the Coast Cultural Alliance at time of application.
$45 individual | $60 non-profit | $99 business
Update Info for the Art Crawl 2021
Art Crawl Artists will automatically be featured through their individual member listings on the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl website sunshinecoastartcrawl.com. Artists can have enhanced listings that profile the artist, the artwork, demos, virtual studio tours and more.
Artists may choose to create a time for a demo/chat with crawlers; at a time of their choice, and on the social media platform of your choice. This information can be added to your listing. Having a live component to connect directly with your viewers can be an asset for future sales. CCA has provided instructional videos (below) and tech help for those who may need assistance.
Currently we are in Step 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and by September 7th, Step 4 is planned to be introduced. Click HERE for the complete details.
We are keeping our options open in case of any setback in the ‘Restart Plan’ by continuing to offer the options of Appointment Only and Virtual Only.
Therefore, Artists may choose to exhibit their work in their HOME/PRIVATE STUDIO Open “By Appointment” following the Provincial Health guidelines in place at the time or ‘Virtually Only’.
Watch our site and newsletter for any updates if necessary mid September.
- All venues must be open from 10 am to 5 pm on October 22, 23, 24, 2021.
- If there are no setbacks to the Restart program, Live Friday Night openings, 7 to 9pm will go ahead this year.
LISTING OPTIONS INCLUDE:
1 By drop in – (includes web listing) Following current Provincial Health Guidelines
2 By Appointment: (includes web listing) for those who will open their studio by appointment following current Provincial Health Guidelines
3 Virtual Only : (website listing only) for those still uncomfortable to open their home/studio to the public and for Crawlers unable to attend in person.
If you were in the 2020 Art Crawl Brochure
Check your CCA membership account to see the status of your membership by logging in to your account here. Payment for renewal can be made directly online, by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (no password needed) or cheque by mail to: Coast Cultural Alliance, 4638 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt BC V7Z 0E5.
If you have any changes to your 2020 text or image for the printed brochure, please send by email to email@example.com
New to the Crawl and currently a member?
Not a member?
Please fill out the member/art crawl application form here.
Once you have registered and paid you can upload up to 10 images directly to your profile page on the website.
For all participating artists please send the high resolution image (1″wide x .78″ high @ 300dpi) and the EXACT 260 CHARACTER description (including name, address (for appointment and public venues only), social media and or website) you want to be used as your listing in the printed brochure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN A GROUP OF US JOIN TOGETHER?
The following guidelines apply to the types of Art Crawl Participants:
Individual: one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- Must be a paid CCA member – $45 annual
- Will receive one Art Crawl brochure listing, one venue # sign and on-line listing for $135
Group: more than one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- All members of this Group must be a paid CCA member ($45)
- The Group will receive one art crawl venue # sign, one brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $135 – if other artists in the group wish to have an individual venue #, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $135 for each additional listing
Existing Gallery, Business, non-profit or Co-op
- Must be a paid CCA member ($60 for non-profit)
- Will receive one Art Crawl venue # and sign, brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $135
- if other artists in the group wish to have a individual venue # and sign, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $135 for each additional listing
The Coast Cultural Alliance (CCA) recommends that each artist have liability insurance for their studio/venue. The CCA does not provide insurance for artists. If you have insurance on your studio/venue, we advise you to contact your insurer or insurance broker to let them know about the event and ensure you have coverage.
We are happy to have the support of Sunshine Coast Tourism and this event has become the focus of their Fall for the Arts extensive tourism campaign. This support will benefit artists with the marketing efforts of the event reaching audiences beyond the Sunshine Coast.
CCA MEMBER BENEFITS:
- Year-round inclusion on the CCA website member’s gallery with a profile, 10 images, contact information, email, links to your website and social media
- Inclusion of events in the CCA weekly newsletter: Featured Artists, work referrals, current grants information, event and show updates. This newsletter is also sent to info centres, the B&B community, and media outlets to inform locals and visitors about CCA member activities.
- Free event/workshop/gallery listing(s) in the monthly CCA Arts and Culture Calendar with opportunity for front cover image. (on hold)
- Opportunity to participate in the Purple Banner and Sunshine Coast Art Crawl