2021 Art Crawl of Artists’ Studios and Galleries
Join as Artist or Gallery
The 2020 Sunshine Coast Art Crawl showcased artists from Earls Cove to Langdale and proved to be very successful.
We created a novel and engaging program that offered artists an opportunity to interact with crawlers in a variety of formats. Everyone followed all Provincial Health Guidelines to ensure the safety of participating artists and crawlers.
The Sunshine Coast Art Crawl will be held in 2021 on October 22, 23, 24 2021. With the continuing changing conditions of the Covid-19 pandemic we will review our options closer to the date.
Applications are OPEN
$135.00. Must be paid by July 15, 2021 to be included in the printed brochure. (after July 15th a late fee of $20 will be charged)
All participating artists must be a member of the Coast Cultural Alliance as of July 15, 2021
$45 individual | $60 non-profit | $99 business
Some of the information in the ‘How To’ – Videos and Links section are still valuable tools to help enhance your current members listing and your own website.
The information below is joining the 2020 Art Crawl. Much of this information will still apply. After listening to artist’s feedback, some changes will be made (Zoom chats and timing come to mind). Watch for them as more decisions are made.
Update Info for the Art Crawl 2020
Art Crawl Artists will automatically be featured ‘VIRTUALLY TOGETHER’ on the CCA website, sunshinecoastartcrawl.com. This opens the opportunity to involve more artists and to reach a wider audience. Artists will have enhanced listings that profile the artist, the artwork, demos, virtual studio tours and more. Artists must commit to providing a daily 30-60 minute demo/chat with crawlers on a social media platform of your choice. Having a live component during the Crawl will direct more interest to your venue. CCA will provide instructional videos and tech help for those who may need assistance.
Artists may also choose to exhibit their work in their HOME/PRIVATE STUDIO Open “By Appointment” following the Provincial Health guidelines in place at the time. Artists may also collaborate with PUBLIC VENUES/GROUP EXHIBITIONS Open “By Drop-In”. (See details below for more about drop-ins. )
In the event of a second wave in the Fall, the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl will proceed in a virtual only format. We have every confidence that crawlers will be eager to participate in every version presented.
- All venues must be open from 10 am to 5 pm from October 23-25, 2020. There will be NO Live Friday Night openings this year. A Fun Virtual Friday Night Opening is being developed … watch for details.
- All venues will participate VIRTUALLY TOGETHER with enhanced listings on sunshinecoastartcrawl.com. All Participating artists will have the same virtual options.
- All venues are required to have daily (30-60) minute online interaction/chat with crawlers.
- All venues will have the same advertising and social media support
LISTING OPTIONS INCLUDE:
1 Virtual Only: for those uncomfortable to open their home/studio to the public and for Crawlers anxious about going in to spaces outside their ‘social bubble’
2 Virtual + Home/Private Studio/Venue by Appointment: for those who will open their studio by appointment following current Provincial Health Guidelines
3 Virtual + Public Venue: by drop in – MUST FOLLOW current Provincial Health Guidelines – Types of venues may include:
- Public and Commercial Galleries (ie SC Arts Centre, Gibsons Public Art Gallery, the Kube, Coastal Art, Coast Raven Studio, Krystyna Glass, Grove Front, Flying Anvil, Gambier Hall, museums etc)
- Public and retail outlets (ie. Markets, storefronts, pubs, Chocolate retail outlets, High Beam Dreams etc)
- Private studio/galleries detached or with separate exterior entrance from living quarters, outdoor galleries etc
If you were in the 2019 Art Crawl Brochure
Check your CCA membership account to see the status of your membership by logging in to your account here. Payment for renewal can be made directly online, by e-transfer to email@example.com or cheque by mail to: Coast Cultural Alliance, 4638 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt BC V0N 3A2.
If you have any changes to your 2019 text or image for the printed brochure, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New to the Crawl and currently a member?
Not a member?
Please fill out the member/art crawl application form here.
Once you have registered and paid you can upload up to 10 images directly to your profile page on the website.
For all participating artists please send the high resolution image (1″wide x .78″ high @ 300dpi) and the EXACT 260 CHARACTER description (including name, address (for appointment and public venues only), social media and or website) you want to be used as your listing in the printed brochure to email@example.com.
CAN A GROUP OF US JOIN TOGETHER?
The following guidelines apply to the types of Art Crawl Participants:
Individual: one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- Must be a paid CCA member – $45 annual
- Will receive one Art Crawl brochure listing, one venue # sign and on-line listing for $135
Group: more than one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- All members of this Group must be a paid CCA member ($45)
- The Group will receive one art crawl venue # sign, one brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $135 – if other artists in the group wish to have an individual venue #, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $135 for each additional listing
Existing Gallery, Business, non-profit or Co-op
- Must be a paid CCA member ($60 for non-profit)
- Will receive one Art Crawl venue # and sign, brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $135
- if other artists in the group wish to have a individual venue # and sign, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $135 for each additional listing
The Coast Cultural Alliance (CCA) recommends that each artist have liability insurance for their studio/venue. The CCA does not provide insurance for artists. If you have insurance on your studio/venue, we advise you to contact your insurer or insurance broker to let them know about the event and ensure you have coverage.
We are happy to have the support of Sunshine Coast Tourism and this event has become the focus of their Fall for the Arts extensive tourism campaign. This support will benefit artists with the marketing efforts of the event reaching audiences beyond the Sunshine Coast.
CCA MEMBER BENEFITS:
- Year-round inclusion on the CCA website member’s gallery with a profile, 10 images, contact information, email, links to your website and social media
- Inclusion of events in the CCA weekly newsletter: Featured Artists, work referrals, current grants information, event and show updates. This newsletter is also sent to info centres, the B&B community, and media outlets to inform locals and visitors about CCA member activities.
- Free event/workshop/gallery listing(s) in the monthly CCA Arts and Culture Calendar with opportunity for front cover image.
- Opportunity to participate in the Purple Banner and Sunshine Coast Art Crawl